قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Bride ‘left unable to walk after contracting food poisoning’ on 5-star Egypt honeymoon

Bride ‘left unable to walk after contracting food poisoning’ on 5-star Egypt honeymoon



A bride said she needed walking after a gastric insect during her honeymoon left her paralyzed by arthritis.

Cristina Calafateanu says that she and her husband Liviu had diarrhea and severe stomach cramps only three days in their week – stay in Egypt.

When she returned to the United Kingdom she was diagnosed with a shigella bacterial infection – before doctors told her that the disease had triggered a form of arthritis.

Six months after the trip, Cristina, 24, says the painful pain in her joints left her unable to move without support.



Cristina and Liviu on their wedding day

He said: "I was stunned: no one should be sick during the honeymoon .

"I can not believe what happened, I feel I deserve answers – and justice – about how this disease developed.

"Our honeymoon had to be memorable for obvious reasons.

" Now we "will remember it only because of these problems."



The couple before the illness struck their week-long stay in Egypt

The couple got married in May of last year and in the all-inclusive bar-hotel Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh, in Hurghada, in July, after having booked through Thomas Cook.

In a few days, they both became ill, Christina of Maidstone, Kent, said: It was terrible, we were both fighting for the rest of the holiday.

"As Liviu slowly began to feel better, I still had incredibly painful stomach cramps." He had no choice but to take me to A & E when we came back. "



Luxurious hotel The Baron Palace, where Cristina and Liviu have stayed for their romantic break [19659014] The doctors of the Maidstone Hospital have diagnosed an infectious gastroenteritis, afterwards the tests have confirmed that the cause was the shigella, often transmitted through poor food hygiene.

As she began to recover, Cristina developed horrible pain in her joints.

She was diagnosed with "reactive arthritis, a known complication and was re-admitted to hospital for nine days when his mobility worsened.



Cristina was diagnosed with bacterial shigella after her return to the United Kingdom

: "I was in absolute agony and I could barely walk. When the doctors said that my illness had caused arthritis, I was incredulous.

"I was not able to climb the stairs, so Liviu brought me the mattress, I could not stand it, or go anywhere – I felt like such a burden …

" We had to buy my mother a plane ticket from Romania to come to England to take care of me. "

Cristina, who works in quality control, has since been unable to return to work.

She and Liviu, 32, who say they having eaten only in the hotel, they instructed the law firm Irwin Mitchell to take care of the case.

Jatinder Paul, acting for the couple, said: "We are very worried. This is a truly shocking and overwhelming accident.

"What was supposed to be a vacation of a lifetime has become a nightmare, we are determined to help them get answers."



In one case apart last year, John and Susan Cooper died while on holiday in Egypt

Thomas Cook, who operates the hotel together with other tour operators said: "We have not received this request yet, but we will examine the hotel to make sure that maintain the high standards our customers expect. "

In a separate case last year, John Cooper, 69, and his wife, Susan, 63, died while staying at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada. John, of Burnley, Lancs, was found dead in his room. Susan died in the hospital six hours later.

Thomas Cook, who ran the hotel, evacuated the guests after the tests showed high levels of E. coli and staph bacteria.

Continue reading

19659038]
Source link